Monday, September 19, 2016

Nope not done

Despite being approved by the court as my mother in law's (MIL) conservator, my dear husband (DH) her son, does not have the paper work for all the organizations that DH needs to talk to on my MILs behalf. Someone, either at the court or the law office failed to check another one of those pesky boxes and so more delays.

In the meantime......
Kaiser Permanente Central Cali customer service and billing continues to suck. They keep sending bills to my MIL when my DH has told them over, and over, and over again that he should get them. The bills upset her. As they should because her thieving daughter my sister in law (SIL) decided to put MIL's medical bills on a spending plan that was secondary to her own spend like a crazy person plan. Last I heard the bills were about $2000. In January 2016, my SIL managed to spend $16,736.48 of my MIL's money, about $4000 of that on my MIL. In February, she spent $15,288.90 of my MIL's (her mother's) money with about $4000 going to the care of my MIL. In March it was $16,216.12 and April it was $23,359.03, with about $4000 each month to cover the cost of housing and care for MIL, because in January16/ December15, my MIL ran away from my SIL and was placed in what I'll call old people prison where all she does is watch TV and wait for G-d. So my MIL's money was used to support my SIL in the 3 bedroom $3,800 a month house designed by the Sopranos. In all that between the many trips to 7-11 and the Uber rides, my SIL seemed to be unable to do the main thing she was given access to MIL's money to do, PAY THE OLD LADY'S MEDICAL BILLS!
So, we will be paying some of my MIL's current medical bills from the money we earn from the jobs we have. Sadly, what my SIL did not syphon out of my MIL's retirement will be eaten by legal fees (getting the conservatorship) and other bills that sadly my MIL is on the hook for. My MIL's current care is $200-$300 more than her pension and that does not cover medications, medicare, and other sundry needs. That, along with some of the money to pay the lawyer, will be coming out of our savings, and that is why I'm pissed.

So we wait for the updated conservatorship forms and paperwork. In the meantime my DH tries to figure out how to get MIL's medications to her, and how to get her transportation so she can get some clothes and a haircut. It doesn't help matters when the locals still use my SIL as the contact person regarding MIL's care. This mess was allowed due to signing some papers with a notary. We have to go through a whole court system with expensive lawyers (never gonna see that $5000 again) and DH still isn't recognized.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I moderate comments. If it is related, I'll probably approve it. It is isn't or is abusive, and haven't we had enough abuse already, it won't get approved, and may be marked as spam.