Wednesday, April 11, 2018

July 2015- Driving down the 101 livin' on someone else's money

Well another month of a daughter spending her mother's retirement fund to the ground. Quick recap, Sonya got Power of Attorney (POA) over her mother's finances to "take care" of Carol, the mother. As POA you are SUPPOSED have a fiduciary duty to act in the best interests of the elderly person. Sonya instead used her mother's money and bank accounts as if they were her personal accounts. That was a no-no. I am the sister-in-law and I can't bring charges against Sonya, nor can I seem to convince her brother, my husband and Carol's conservator, to bring charges..... yet. 
Anyway, July the deposits are bigger than the withdrawals. Yay. But a bulk of that are two pension payments from Cal-Sters. Sonya made a few deposits of a couple hundred dollars here and there but they don't cover the purchases and decisions that do not help Carol. Instead of only using Carol's money for Carol only, as she is supposed to as the POA, Sonya went to bars, had lunch, leased a luxury vehicle, gassed up that vehicle and funded the middle class lifestyle Sonya seemed to think she was entitled to, without producing the middle class income (or being married to someone with a middle class income).
You can click on the images to blow them up. So on the first page there are two big expenses that pop out at me. On July 6th there is a $503.97 charge for Comcast and on July 9th $587.55 for a lease. In my previous post, I mentioned the check payments to Fremont GMC or whatever for vehicle expenses for a woman who does not drive. I believe in the Santa Clara County inspector's report (I need to find that, it's somewhere in my husband's office), Sonya claimed that she needed a vehicle to drive her mother around. Huh. when we visited in early 2015, Sonya had a vehicle, an SUV. There is no logical reason why she would need a new (I believe the report said...) Cadillac. Momma can be transported to the doctor's appointments just as well in a Corolla. And then there is the insurance, 7/10/15 $147.80 for Mercury Casualty.
Page 2 part 2 below.
 
More purchases, some charges, like CMS Medicare, and possibly Walgreen's maybe part of Safeway seem to be for Carol, but the dining out, the lunch places like Crepevine in Willow Glen where Sonya worked, those were for Sonya, not for Carol.
 On page three I see three charges from Boba Pub. I also see $101.98 from IYOGI some overseas tech support of questionable worth. Carol isn't a tech savvy grandma. I suspect this is Sonya or Sonya allowing Mike1 to use his grandma's money. I don't blame the teenage son, kids don't know how households work.

So in summary, Sonya was probably driving down the CA-101 in a car, living the life she wants on her momma's money. But isn't she caring for her mother? Yes, she supposedly was caring for her, but discovered it was hard work, and maybe that's why she thought she could get compensated by using her mother's bank account.

Next, August.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I moderate comments. If it is related, I'll probably approve it. It is isn't or is abusive, and haven't we had enough abuse already, it won't get approved, and may be marked as spam.