Sunday, April 8, 2018

June 2015- Still taking out more than she puts in

At some point I'll post a Facebook messenger exchange I had with Sonya where she asked me if I was trying to have her arrested. I told her that I couldn't have her arrested, but her brother could. I just need to convince him to file charges and despite words to the contrary (sigh) he hasn't done so. So this and the other posts are me laying out what wrong Sonya did to their mother so maybe, just maybe, if I catch him at just the right moment, I can convince him to file charges against his sister.

Okay, so June.
June saw 57 withdrawals of $7,554.68 and 3 deposits of 4691.76. Two of those deposits came from Carol, the elderly victim, and one from Sonya.

Now as a reminder to those of you playing at home, as the POA Sonya was not supposed to mix her expenses with her mother's, however that was the first thing she did. So June is like the other months where she spent her mother's money on herself and her wants.

So looking at the list of checks, check #2519 jumps out at me. Now the place where they are living, the rent was paid 6 months in advance, so what is this check for $3000 for? Well, some time back I got Mike (the son and conservator) to request from the bank a few copies of checks. But since checks are like a quarter a pop, I had to pick and choose. I chose this one and it is for Fremont GMC - Cadillac, written on May 7, 2015, signed by someone who does not have Parkinson's. Now I haven't owned a car in decades, and the family car was bought used, bought off Carol by Mike, and currently has over 130K miles on it. So we have no idea how buying a car works theses days, what we do know is that Sonya did lease a Cadillac saying it was for mom! Seriously?

Okay lets get to the month.

Let's start with Carol's pension as a deposit, followed by a $520.83 shopping trip to Wal-Mart and some gas from a Chevron station. Next we get a deposit of $1240, probably from Sonya, so she can convince herself she's not blowing away all her mother's money. I remember she would tell her brother that she was contributing to mom's care. HA! It is difficult to believe that these purchases are for Carol's (mom's) care, since they do no reflect spending patterns prior to Sonya getting access to the account, nor the time when her brother Mike became conservator. Mike has a stable job and his own bank accounts and doesn't need to steal money from their mother.

The deposit is followed by an $60 cash withdrawal, and some more constant shopping, dining and other purchases. The AGI*TMO INS Deductible caught my eye as maybe this was some odd insurance for Carol, the 70/71 year old diabetic with Parkinson's. Nope it is cell phone insurance.

Going to the next page, there is more insurance. The June 8th United Healthcare is possibly for Carol, maybe a left over for her deceased husband of $20.98. Then there is a $230.88 charge from Mercury Insurance..... I'm betting that's car insurance. Carol don't drive.
Instead of pointing out all the charges and purchases that were not likely for Carol, such as the fast food, restaurant, 7-11 (this place appears often), and gas purchases, let's look at what might be for Carol and why. Walgreen's has a pharmacy, so maybe that was for Carol, but then again, Walgreen's and CVS, which appears sells quickie mart things too like 7-11. Besides, it would have been better to buy Carol's drugs from Kaiser, where she was a member. All you can get from Kaiser is health care and energy bars. Bummer.

So more of the same, but wait, what is this June 23rd charge I see?

It's for something called The Little Gym. Well is Carol getting the physical therapy and exercise she needs? No! This is a children's playground, not something for a frail old woman.

Well at least Medicare got paid. But that seems like an automatic payment, and nothing that Sonya had to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I moderate comments. If it is related, I'll probably approve it. It is isn't or is abusive, and haven't we had enough abuse already, it won't get approved, and may be marked as spam.