Monday, March 5, 2018

Baseline- The accounts before Sonya drained her mother's retirement

In order to get a sense of what went wrong, it helps to look at things before they went south. So to get a baseline I requested copies of my mother in law Carol's bank statements during the time she and her husband were living together, before he died.
The statements between November and February tend to be no more than 2 pages per month. There is little activity beyond deposits of Carol's pension, disbursements from an investment account, and payments for medicare and healthcare.
Image of November 2014 statement- see https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WezHO1UU1XEh_AtaM9Dv3dTAkdx656J6/view?usp=sharing

Though both parties (Carol and Gene) are dead and legally have no more privacy I thought it prudent to remove their surnames, social security numbers, address and account numbers. Some of the redactions are from my poor scanner's failure to do a decent OCR scan and forcing me to figure out how to digitally black out the info I wanted to keep private. I searched for the information I did not want public 
In my next post I will present Carol (Carole) and Gene's December 2014 statement, which will show their large check payments, for which I will guess is for housing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I moderate comments. If it is related, I'll probably approve it. It is isn't or is abusive, and haven't we had enough abuse already, it won't get approved, and may be marked as spam.